My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

There's a lot of things about me! But know this...I serve Jesus!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Life!

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately! Mainly because I'm "studying" for exams and writing year end papers...but thinking about my life none the less.

For my youth ministry class I had to write a personal growth plan, bare my soul, talk about things I need to improve about my life and send it to the only bully I've ever had! I struggled a lot this semester with that class only because the prof and I didn't see eye to eye and he dealt with it in front of the whole class, hanging me out to dry! I found it extrememly difficult to have to bare my soul for him, only to have him critique it! My mom told me to write the paper for myself, not for him, for me, so I did and I finished it! But what I learned through all that was, what it feels like to truely respect your elders, how to bit my tongue! But I also learned that I really need to follow a plan. I'm someone that flies by the seat of my pants but since I literally mapped out my life for next year I have a guide that I can use, one that will help me grow, learn, and become more healthy!

Another thing that I learned this past week is that, I am incredible out of shape! I've been exercising everyday this week, nothing too hard, but boy am I sore...it's quite sad really! But I'm still working on that! I just need to find a cardio workout that won't build up my calf muscles...they don't need to be any bigger! Ha!

I learned that I LOVE comic book movies...actually I already knew that but I really really learned that this week, if you know what I mean! Last Saturday I bought the Superman boxset with the four movies in it! I watched them all this week while procrastinating studying for exams! Then after I finished those I started Batman...which I realized will lead to Spiderman and then Xmen (which I own)! I'm such a geek!

Moving on, I learned that I need to develop the innocence of a child! Meaning...I was walking home from an exam the other day and there were four children on this walkway that I use, they were there with a sitter or someone like that! As I passed them they all said Hi and were really cute! If only we could all be like children and just say hi to a stranger on the street...the world would be so much more pleasent!

There's something else, not really something I learned because I already knew it but I just realized it again and that is that I miss the Temple real bad! Thursday and Friday night I had the pleasure of hosting four really cool guys at my house...Rideout, Josh, Daniel, and Jon! We had so much fun, I haven't laughed so hard before! They're crazy boys and I can't believe that they're all so grown up...I taught Daniel in his grade four VBS class and now he's in high school! CRAZY! The band was awesome...and really young...everyone's so grown up! I can't believe it! Friday night when they played I cried! I was/am so proud!:)

So yeah! I've learned a lot more things but I can't really remember them so obviously they weren't as important as the other things! LOL!

A little word for thought..."You can't make pizza without cheese...well, you can it just won't be good pizza!" Kevin Sheen (Brendan Leonard Show)! Love It! And it's true!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home