My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

There's a lot of things about me! But know this...I serve Jesus!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

"Take me as I am!"


I have no need to graduate from university, no need to backpack through Europe, no need to skydive, visit Africa, New Zeland, or Figi, I have no need to get married, have my eight kids, watch them grow up and have kids of their own...WHY? Because I'm born again in Christ and I saw the greatest concert ever, by the greatest band ever, I can die happy!

That's right ladies and gentlemen I saw Dream Theater live! Granted that my seats sucked and I could hardly see over the guys infront of me but it didn't matter, I could feel the vibrations in my chest and that was AWESOME!

Highlights:
-Eating at the Hard Rock Cafe with my cousin Dale (who went to the concert with me) and watching all the DT fans trickle in...it's true all their fans are either metal heads or computer nerds!
-Feeling the energy of the fans as we waited in line to go in!
-Buying my first offical piece of DT merch...I'm sure there will be many more pieces to come!
-Having the house lights go down and waiting with great anticipation for that first pound by Portnoy's drumstick
-...and then it happens!
-Watcing the lights on Portnoy's drumkit light up with each hit!
-Seeing Jordan Rudess play his keyboard with his left hand while stretching across with his right to play a tricked out finger board!
-Watching John Myung and John Petrucci, in the middle of Octarvium, stand face to face and play each other's instrament!
-Watching Portnoy walk from one kit to the next all the while he's playing!
-Being able to watch in person how fast both of the John's finger's move along their strings!
-The wicked awesome cartoon for Octavarium!
-Hearing Rudess play a beautiful keyboard solo and then transition into Wait For Sleep!
-Hearing James Labrie yell "Hell-o Tor-on-to"!
- Peruvian Skies...enough said!
-During Octavarium the slideshow of all the different artists/album covers that are featured in the song!
-Getting to call my brother during As I Am and letting him listen!

All in all the night was pretty solid, except that I lost my bus pass! And I didn't get to share it with my brother, who would have loved to have been there!

Go, all of you now and buy a Dream Theater cd, trust me...you'll love them!

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

That was the best introduction to a blog post that I have ever encountered. It was almost poetic.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun! :) I saw Rex Goudie last night. hehe.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home