My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

There's a lot of things about me! But know this...I serve Jesus!

Monday, February 27, 2006

So, we went to Windsor!


That's right, we went to Windsor! East Toronto/The New Glory Shoppe took a road trip!

When Gordy and Tina were asked to do a youth retreat type weekend at South Windsor Corps, they invited us to come along, so...of course we went to Windsor! It was a whole lot of fun!

We arrived in Windsor at around 10/10:30ish in the evening, where we had a practise and then went off to our respected sleeping quarters...the boys in their totally awesome hostle appartment with food, Lez and I at an officer's house, and Gord and Tina...I'm not really sure where they stayed! Saturday we met at the corps for 9 am and had another practise, then around 10:15 we had a breakfast, with all the youth from the corps! Then we began the sessions after breakfast! Gordy had the sessions structured in a way that allowed lots of worhsip, scripture, and a speak that was fitting to what the youth are going through!

It went really well, there is a great group of young people there, dispite all the gum chewing:) Personally, I really enjoyed the Saturaday evening speak where Gordy read from Ezekiel 22:30 which says,

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none."

He then challenged us to stand in the gap. He wanted us to actually get up and move so he had chairs put out where we could stand between them symbolizing the gap. That hit me with the full force of the Spirit and I thought only of ETC and NGS! We're called to stand in that gap and we're gonna! Watch out East Toronto...New Glory Shoppe is coming at ya like a meteor to Smallville! Hoo Shaw!

"These sandwhichs are money...I saw Transamerica!"
Gold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home