My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

There's a lot of things about me! But know this...I serve Jesus!

Friday, January 26, 2007

Fame!

You ever have one of those days where everything seems to be going really crazy? Like your mind is running a million miles a minute and your body can't catch up. Or Something in your life, that you thought was far back in your past suddenly jumps infront of your face. You're suddenly blindsided. I've had an experience such as that today. Let me explain.

All week I've been under the weather, so my state of mind and sleep pattern has been messed up. Friday morning arrives and my skin crawls with the thought of the really long day of classes and youth group that I had ahead of me. My mind contemplates "maybe I can stay home, I'm still not feeling completely better", but like the good and faithful Tyndale student that I am I rolled my exhausted body out of bed and began to get ready for what I thought was going to be another, long, cold, and tiring day.

My morning class served me well, with of course the help of my best friend...Mr. Coffee! It went by rather quickly which was greatly appretiated by my aching, tired bones. I arrived back home again before 11:30 am about 20 minutes earlier than I expected. I was home long enought to check my email, eat a bowl of cereal, havea quick chat with my mom and then leave to go back to school for my preaching class at 1pm. That class was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be today. Normally, I love that class, but today, fatigue hit me like a meteor to Smallville. I was struggling to stay awake the entire time (of course this is no reflection of Dr. Wong because he's awesome), I was glad when he let us leave.

I dragged my slugish body home, up the stairs to my room, standing long enough to change into my PJ bottoms, and then headed for the basement couch, with a warm quilt and a book. And then I got destracted. Destracted by Oprah! Had a good cry at the sight of conjoined four year old twin girls and the surgery to seperate them, it was moving, beautiful, and really cute. This is when things took a turn for the weird.

My mom waltzed down the stairs at 4:30pm wanting to watch the NTV news (it's the Newfoundland news), so of course I handed the remote over. For the most part the news was mundane. Boring and quite humorous at times, causing the peanut gallery that is my brain to make random, sarcastic, and in my mind helpful critical remarks. And then...a big story about a 20 year old man that was on trial for the attempted murder of his girlfriend came on. My ears perked up, it's not everyday that the news on the Rock is somewhat interesting, until I realized who the man was. He was a guy I went to school with from grades 8-11, a guy I hung around with at times, and his mom was my grade 10 math teacher. It totally shocked me, I could not believe what I was seeing, I was literally, speechless!

I'v elived in Toronto for almost four years now, and never once did I think about that guy, heck, I didn't remember his name when I first saw his face until they said it. It's weird how life sneaks up on you like that, out of the blue your past comes flying by. I guess we take it for granted. But that broadcast today got me thinking about others that I have known in the past, it conjured up things, memories, thoughts, I guess we'll never know, exaclty where this rivers gonna go and I guess we'll never understand until we reach that promiseland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home